LLC Articles of Amendment Business Services
- A name-change amendment filed online will be processed on an “expedited” basis, or reviewed by the Secretary of State’s office within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays). As a result, the statutory amount required to effect a name-change amendment online will be $150, comprised of the $50 filing fee and the $100 expedited service fee.
- The name of an administratively dissolved Illinois limited liability company is not available for use by another LLC or Corporation until three years have elapsed following the date of issuance of the notice of dissolution.
- In order to effect a name change online, the limited liability company:
- must be an Illinois limited liability company;
- must be in good standing;
- may not be authorized to establish series; and
- does not require a post-effective date.
- Companies that cannot file a name-change amendment online:
- were organized under a jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois;
- are not in good standing;
- are authorized to establish series;
- desire a post-effective date; or
- must execute the report through the use of “layered signatures” or by power of attorney.
- Only amendments effecting the name change of a domestic limited liability company can be filed online. Articles of Amendment seeking to make any other change must be filed by using LLC-5.25.
- Payment of fees due in connection with the online filing of a name change amendment may be made by using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- Payment of all fees due is required during the electronic filing process. If payment is ultimately denied, the filing of the Articles of Amendment effecting the name change will be voided and the event treated as though never occurring, thus immediately placing the company in delinquent status.
Processing and Acknowledgement
Once you have completed the steps to effect a name change amendment, the information will be reviewed within 24 hours of your submission, excluding weekends and holidays. If it is determined that the proposed new name of the domestic limited liability company is available and otherwise complies with statute, you will be notified of the approval by email.
If, however, the review reveals that the proposed new name is not available for use or that some other defect exists, you will be notified of the matter by email and the charge will be reversed.
For more information, please call 217-524-8008, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (central time).
All forms pertaining to the filing requirements of the Illinois Limited Liability Company Act can be obtained from the Limited Liability Company publications section.